Friday, December 26, 2008

We're All Just Kids At Heart

When I think of the holidays, I think of children, family and friends. OK, and good food. Lots of good food.

This year, Peddler's Son Produce
celebrated the holidays by hosting a pot luck with our employees. We also accepted toy donations for the West Valley Child Crisis Center which provides a safe haven for children who have been victims of or at risk of abuse, neglect and/or abandonment. They also happen to be a customer. The food was delicious and it was fun to hear the stories behind the gifts that were donated. Games, balls, stuffed animals and action figure/toys. They all held special meaning and memories for those that donated.

I learned a few things too. Sergio makes great guacamole, Bill's wife has a killer pasta recipe, Bridge has the sweetest mother, I'm ordering apple crisp from Amanda's father next year and Aliza should make chewy chocolate chip cookies every week.

So my 2008 holidays did not disappoint. There were memories of children, family, friends and good food. Hope you enjoyed the holidays as much I did and hope your 2009 is even better!



No comments:

Post a Comment