Sunday, December 7, 2008

PRODUCE CHRISTMAS SONG

(To the tune of “Silver Bells”)
Snow is falling, vendor’s calling
Says the trucks are snowbound.
In the air there’s a feeling of panic.
Taters sprouting, buyers shouting
“Put them back in the ground!”
And from every receiver you’ll hear:

Where’s my freight? That’s too late!
What did I do to deserve this?
Ring-a-ling, sell your bling,
Just get me my produce on time! Frisee has tip burn, yellow beans turn
Into winter nightmares.
In the air, planes will just fill up with mail.
Cans are grounded, airlines hounded,
Seems like nobody cares.
Oh, what can we do to prevail?

Where’s my freight? That’s too late!
What did I do to deserve this?
Ring-a-ling, sell your bling,
Just get me my produce on time!
Heirlooms no show, favas won’t grow,
Where did the artichokes go?
In the air ice is falling like golf balls.
There’s no online, lost our phone time.
How will the customers know
When we can’t even make our phone calls?

Here’s your freight, it’s not too late –
We are sorry for the delay.
Ching, ching, ching! Registers ring.
Relax, have a great holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment