Monday, February 23, 2009

HACCP Happenings

From scare tactics on the evening NEWS to scientific articles in JAMA, food safety is currently a very hot topic. We at Peddler's Son Produce have always felt that the safety of our customers and their clients is of the uppermost importance.

One of my titles here at Peddler's Son Produce is HACCP Manager. For those of you who do not know, HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point. First developed for NASA by Pillsbury in the 1960s, HACCP is now accepted world-wide as the standard in the monitoring of food safety. By monitoring the acceptable critical control points in food production and storage, we can safely deliver our products to our customers with confidence. If there was a product recall, through proper record keeping and product identification codes, we can trace all of our delivered products and notify those customers who are at risk.

I take my role in food safety very seriously. I am certified by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals as a Food Safety Manager, valid through May 5th, 2013. I am also registered with Maricopa County Environmental Health as a Food Safety Manager, valid through May 5th, 2013. I receive e-mails throughout the day from various agencies and academic institutions concerning the very latest up-to-date information on food safety. Just some of the sites that I visit on a daily basis include: HACCPALLIANCE.org, FDA.gov, SCIENCEDIRECT.com, and FOODSAFETY.kdu.edu. A wealth of knowledge can be gained by doing a little bit of research when it comes to food safety. Fortunately for our customers and for my faithful readers, I do it for you.

If you happen to have a food safety related question, feel free to give me a call. I can be contacted, at work 602.423.6369 x113, or by email bridge@peddlersson.com. Enjoy your fruits and veggies, and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment