Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Peddler's Son Produce Celebrates 1 Year in Prescott!

It's been a year since Peddler's Son first started serving the fine folks in the Christmas City.  Those of you living in Prescott have the opportunity to see Chris Minkler's friendly face so we thought you'd like to learn a little more about him.

Chris was raised in Maui, HI since the age of 3.  He moved to the mainland when he was 23 and worked with his dad in the movie business as a production sound mixer. He wasn't interested in pursuing this career so he decided to follow his passion from his days in Hawaii cooking at the Maui Outrigger and Wailea Golf Course . He attended the Scottsdale Culinary Institute where he then found his way to Prescott.   

What is your favorite part of the job? I enjoy the opportunity to talk with the chefs and learn about some of the newest culinary styles and trends.

What is your favorite movie?  My favorite movie is the Lord of the Rings series, even though my father won an Oscar for the sound in the original Star Wars film.

What is your favorite music/band?   My favorite band is Led Zeplin.

Food?  Asian Pacific Rim food is my favorite.

What was your first job? I've loved cooking and have been cooking since I was 15.  My first job was cooking for the Maui Outrigger.

What is your favorite quote or piece of advice you'd like to share
? My favorite quote is from following the Golden Rule. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

What do you do in your leisure time? I enjoy singing and playing harmonica at my church in my leisure time.  I also enjoy cooking with my 3 sons.

Well Chris, we’re not exactly sure why you left Hawaii, but we’re glad you’re here!

No comments:

Post a Comment