Monday, September 27, 2010

National Family Day - A Day to Eat Dinner with Your Children


Today marks the tenth annual observance of "Family Day - A Day to Eat Dinner with your Children." Hopefully, that means that families across the country will be gathering for dinner this evening and it will pay off.

One of my favorite memories growing up was dinner time. It was a chance to catch up from the day and have some fun. Classic conversations included what 'boyfriends' my sisters had to grades, teachers and weekend plans.

There are studies that show the more often kids eat dinner with their families the less likely they are to smoke, drink or use drugs. Did it help us? I think so. But the biggest thing that I take from family dinners and other family time, is a close relationship with my siblings. They are the best friends I have.

What about you? How important is eating together as a family for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment